What is a water flosser?
A water flosser is a device that uses a pressurized stream of water to remove plaque and food particles from between teeth and below the gum line. Water flossers are easy to use and gentle on gums, making them a good option for people of all ages and abilities.
How does a water flosser work?
Water flossers work by directing a pressurized stream of water at the gum line. The water flushes out plaque and food particles that are trapped between teeth and below the gum line. Water flossers are especially effective at removing plaque and food particles from hard-to-reach areas, such as around braces and implants.
What are the benefits of water flossing?
Water flossing offers a number of benefits, including:
- Removes plaque and food particles more effectively than traditional floss, especially in hard-to-reach areas.
- Easier to use for people with dexterity issues.
- More gentle on gums than traditional floss.
- Can help to improve gum health and reduce the risk of gum disease.
- Can help to freshen breath.
Is water flossing better than traditional flossing?
Water flossing is just as effective as traditional flossing at removing plaque and food particles. However, water flossing may be easier to use for some people, especially those with dexterity issues or sensitive gums. Water flossers can also reach areas of the mouth that are difficult to reach with traditional floss, such as around braces and implants.
How often should I water floss?
Dentists recommend flossing once a day. Water flossers can be used once a day as well, or in addition to traditional flossing.
How do I use a water flosser?
To use a water flosser, follow these steps:
- Fill the reservoir with warm water.
- Select a comfortable pressure setting.
- Aim the tip at the gum line and hold it there for a few seconds before moving on to the next tooth.
- Be sure to floss all sides of each tooth.
- Spit out the water and rinse your mouth with water after flossing.
What type of water should I use in my water flosser?
It is best to use distilled water in your water flosser. This will help to prevent mineral buildup inside the device.
How do I clean my water flosser?
To clean your water flosser, follow these steps:
- Empty the reservoir and rinse it with water.
- Wipe down the exterior of the device with a damp cloth.
- Clean the tip with a mild soap and water solution.
- Allow the device and tip to dry completely before using again.
How often should I replace the tip on my water flosser?
The manufacturer of your water flosser will recommend how often to replace the tip. However, it is generally a good idea to replace the tip every 3-6 months.
If you have any other questions about water flossing, talk to your dentist. Water flossing can be a safe and effective way to improve your oral health and reduce your risk of dental problems. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your dental needs. https://calendly.com/sbenatidentistry/interview
For more videos: