5 tips to stay productive by Dr. Halim Sbenati In The Covid19 Times
- Wake up at 5am (or earlier): morning hours are your most productive because physiologically and psychologically, that’s when you’re most energized. Nearly 50% of self-made millionaires wake up at least three hours before their workday begins.
- Guard the gate of your attention: our eyes and ears are the portal to our brains. As such selecting what we see on our social media feeds, what we hear in the news, and what people we hang around with, becomes monumental. You are the average of the 5 people you hang around with the most.
- Minimalism – the secret to genius is not complexity, but simplicity. During self-isolation, take advantage of decluttering your physical space, tidying your apps on your phone to a minimum, and getting accustomed to living with less – there is an association between materialism and depression. Rik Pieters of Tilburg University has established a link between materialism and increasing loneliness over time. “No matter how much we buy, it’s never enough.”
- Track your expenses – to control your finances, set a budget, stick to it, and then track your expenses. Setting goals of what you want to do with your money and being accountable of where you spend it, is a trick that money masters use constantly. Apps such as Mint automatically sink your bank account and credit cards to help you seamlessly track your spending habits.
- Read fiction novels – this helps improve brain function and theory of mind. Simply put, you will have the ability to step outside your shoes by gaining perspective, and to tap into the creative side of your brain.
Need any dental assistance ? Visit us in London Ontorio.