What is a floss threader?
A floss threader is a loop of thin material that makes it easier to clean between teeth with floss, especially if you have braces, a permanent retainer, a bridge, or another orthodontic device.
How does a floss threader work?
To use a floss threader, thread a piece of floss through the loop of the threader. Then, insert the floss threader through your dental appliance and into the gap between two teeth. Remove the floss threader and floss normally.
What are the benefits of using a floss threader?
Flossing with a floss threader can help you:
- Remove plaque and food debris from areas that are difficult to reach with a toothbrush.
- Reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Maintain your oral health and hygiene.
- Improve the appearance of your smile.
How often should I floss with a floss threader?
You should floss with a floss threader once a day, preferably in the evening after brushing your teeth.
How do I choose the right floss threader?
Floss threaders come in different sizes and shapes. Choose a floss threader that is the right size for your teeth and gums. You may also want to choose a floss threader that has a comfortable grip.
Where can I buy floss threaders?
Floss threaders are available at most drugstores and grocery stores. You can also buy floss threaders online.
How do I use a floss threader safely?
When using a floss threader, be careful not to thread the floss through the wires or brackets of your braces or retainer. If you have any difficulty or discomfort, stop flossing and contact your dentist.
What should I do if I have difficulty flossing with a floss threader?
If you have difficulty flossing with a floss threader, talk to your dentist or hygienist. They can teach you how to floss safely and effectively, and they can also provide you with other tips and recommendations for oral care.
Here are some additional tips for flossing with a floss threader:
- Use a mirror to help you see the areas of your teeth and gums that you are flossing.
- If you have trouble threading the floss through the loop of the floss threader, use a needle threader.
- If you have difficulty inserting the floss threader through your dental appliance, use a little bit of wax or petroleum jelly to lubricate the floss.
- If you have any discomfort while flossing, stop and rest.
With a little practice, you will be able to floss with a floss threader safely and effectively.
Contact us today at Sbenati Dentistry to schedule a consultation and let us help you with any of your dental needs. [https://calendly.com/sbenatidentistry/interview]
For more videos: