Veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure, and they can give you a brighter, whiter, and more confident smile. If you’re considering veneers in London, Ontario, Sbenati Dentistry is a great option. Our dentists are experienced and skilled in veneer placement, and they will work with you to create the perfect smile for you.
The Veneers Process at Sbenati Dentistry
The veneer process at Sbenati Dentistry is minimally invasive and typically takes two appointments. In your first appointment, your dentist will:
- Evaluate your teeth and discuss your goals for the procedure.
- Shave off a thin layer of enamel from the front and side surfaces of your teeth.
- Take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental lab.
- Fit you with temporary veneers.
In your second appointment, which is typically a few weeks later, your dentist will:
- Cement your permanent veneers into place.
- Give you instructions on how to care for your new veneers.
Why Does Enamel Have to Be Removed to Get Veneers?
There are two main reasons why enamel must be removed prior to placing veneers:
- To create a surface to which the veneer can more easily attach.
- To ensure that the veneers seamlessly blend into the rest of your smile.
How Much Enamel Is Removed for Veneers?
For veneers, your dentist will only remove a very thin layer of enamel, typically about half a millimeter. This is not enough to compromise the overall structure of your tooth. In fact, veneers are considered a minimally invasive procedure.
If you’re considering veneers, it’s important to talk to your dentist to see if they’re right for you. Your dentist will consider your individual needs and goals to determine if veneers are the best option for you.
To learn more about veneers in London, Ontario, please contact Sbenati Dentistry today!
We would be happy to answer any of your questions about veneers and schedule a consultation to see if you’re a good candidate for this procedure: https://calendly.com/sbenatidentistry/interview
For more videos: