What is a hybrid denture?
A hybrid denture is a type of denture that is supported by both implants and natural teeth. It is a removable denture that is attached to metal implants that are surgically placed in the jawbone. Hybrid dentures are more stable and comfortable than traditional dentures, and they allow you to eat and speak more naturally.
How long do hybrid dentures last?
With proper care, hybrid dentures can last for many years. However, the lifespan of your hybrid denture will depend on a number of factors, including the quality of the materials used, the skill of the dentist who placed the implants, and your individual oral health.
How do I care for my hybrid denture?
Here are some tips on how to care for your hybrid denture:
- Brush your hybrid denture twice a day with a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive denture toothpaste. Be sure to brush all surfaces of the denture, including the top, bottom, and sides. Pay special attention to the areas around the metal implants and the gumline.
- Use a small interdental brush or floss to clean the space between the denture and your gums. This is an important area to clean, as food particles and plaque can easily accumulate there. If you have difficulty using interdental brushes or floss, you can also use a water flosser.
- Soak your hybrid denture in a denture cleaner overnight at least once a week. This will help to remove any stubborn plaque or bacteria.
- Rinse your hybrid denture with water after eating to remove any food particles.
Additional tips for caring for your hybrid denture
- Avoid eating hard or sticky foods, as these can damage your hybrid denture.
- Be careful when brushing your hybrid denture to avoid bending or breaking the metal implants.
- If you experience any discomfort or problems with your hybrid denture, contact your dentist immediately.
- See your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings, even if you have a hybrid denture. Your dentist can inspect your denture for any signs of damage or wear, and they can clean it professionally to remove any plaque or bacteria that you may have missed.
FAQs about caring for hybrid dentures:
Can I sleep with my hybrid denture in?
It is generally not recommended to sleep with your hybrid denture in. This can put pressure on your gums and lead to discomfort. It is also important to give your gums a chance to rest and heal.
What should I do if I lose or break a tooth on my hybrid denture?
If you lose or break a tooth on your hybrid denture, contact your dentist immediately. They will be able to repair the denture or replace the tooth.
Can I smoke with a hybrid denture?
Smoking is not recommended for people with hybrid dentures. Smoking can stain and damage your hybrid denture, and it can also increase your risk of gum disease and implant failure.
What kind of diet should I follow with a hybrid denture?
You can eat a normal diet with a hybrid denture. However, it is important to avoid hard or sticky foods, as these can damage your denture. It is also important to eat a healthy diet and avoid sugary drinks. A healthy diet will help to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and it will also help to prevent the buildup of plaque and bacteria.
By following these tips, you can keep your hybrid denture in good condition and ensure that it lasts for many years.
contact us today at Sbenati Dentistry to schedule a consultation and let us help you with any of your dental needs. [https://calendly.com/sbenatidentistry/interview]
For more videos: