Crowding of Teeth and Teeth Whitening
Dental crowding is a common problem that can affect people of all ages. It occurs when there is not enough space in the jaw for all of the teeth to fit properly. This can cause the teeth to become crooked, overlapped, or displaced. Crowded teeth can make it difficult to clean them properly, which can lead to dental decay and gum disease. They can also make your smile less attractive.
There are a number of ways to correct dental crowding, including braces, Invisalign, and tooth extraction. In some cases, a combination of these methods may be necessary.
Teeth whitening can also be a helpful way to improve the appearance of crowded teeth. It can make the teeth look brighter and more even, which can help to camouflage the crowding. Teeth whitening can be done in-office or at home.
Sbenati Dentistry is a leading cosmetic dentistry practice in London, Ontario. They offer a variety of teeth whitening options, including in-office whitening and home whitening kits. With proper care, teeth whitening can help to brighten the smile and make crowded teeth less noticeable.
Here are some of the causes of dental crowding:
- Genetics: Crowding can be inherited from parents.
- Thumb sucking: Sucking on the thumb or other objects can put pressure on the teeth and cause them to move out of place.
- Early loss of baby teeth: If baby teeth are lost too early, the permanent teeth may not have enough space to come in properly.
- Extra teeth: Sometimes, people are born with extra teeth, which can crowd the other teeth.
- Small jaw: A small jaw can also contribute to dental crowding.
Here are some of the consequences of dental crowding:
- Difficulty brushing and flossing: Crowded teeth can make it difficult to clean them properly, which can lead to dental decay and gum disease.
- Speech problems: Crowded teeth can sometimes interfere with speech.
- Low self-esteem: People with crowded teeth may feel self-conscious about their smile and avoid smiling.
How can I prevent dental crowding?
There are a number of things you can do to prevent dental crowding, including:
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly
- See your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings
- Avoid thumb sucking
- Wean your child off of bottles and pacifiers early
- Correct any tongue-thrusting or lip-sucking habits
If you are concerned about dental crowding, it is important to see a dentist for a consultation. The dentist can assess the severity of the crowding and recommend the best treatment options for you.
At Sbenati Dentistry, we offer a variety of treatments for dental crowding, including braces, Invisalign, and tooth extraction. We will work with you to choose the best treatment option for your individual needs and goals.
We are committed to providing our patients with the best possible care and results. We offer a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, and we are always happy to answer your questions.
If you are interested in learning more about teeth whitening or dental crowding, please contact us today. We would be happy to schedule a consultation and discuss your options. https://calendly.com/sbenatidentistry/interview
For more videos: